Palm Beach County requires that all customers wear face covering while checking in and while on the boat. More information available here
Welcome back! We are excited to be open for business, but a lot has changed as we modify our operations to comply with the current state-imposed requirements in response to COVID-19. We want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to offer you a safe and enjoyable experience. Our procedures will continue to change as restrictions are eased, so check back frequently for up-to-date information on our reservations, schedules, and procedures.
- Our online Book-A-Dive system is back live. You can make a reservation on-line or by phone. Each boat is limited to 14 guests to comply with group guidelines.
- When you make your charter reservations, please select the equipment and tanks that you will need for your dive. This allows us to stage and sanitize your gear before your charter and reduce handling the gear at check in. Payment will be collected at the time of reservation.
- Be prepared to present your certification card at check-in. To limit contact in the store we will not look up any certification cards. If you have lost your card, please call us prior to your charter day and we will order a new card for you. (Please allow 10 days for processing.)
- Our cancellation policy for charters is 48 hours. If we cancel due to weather, you will receive a refund or store credit.
- We are currently running two morning boats every day.
- We are currently running one afternoon boat every day.
- 3-tank charters may be available. Call the shop if interested.
Things you need to know:
- At check in you will need to complete a Covid-19 release and our JDC liability release.
- You must present your certification card (see above).
- You will be assigned a spot on the boat. There will be limited undercover spaces. Please bring a hat and sunblock to protect yourself.
- If you are using our nitrox tanks or if we are filling yours, you will witness a JDC crew member analyzing the mix in the tank and you will log your mix.
- Tanks will be brought down to the boat by crew members.
On the boat:
- Once all the tanks are secured on the boat, you will be directed to board.
- Carbonated beverages, water and snacks will be offered.
- On 3-tank charters we will not offer lunch at this time. We encourage divers to bring their own lunch in a small personal cooler.
- There will be a communal camera bucket on board.
- If you need to sit on the platform to don gear, this will be done one diver at a time. You may also remove your gear in the water prior to climbing the ladder.
- Please keep your regulator in your mouth from the time you stand up from donning your gear until you enter the ocean, and then again at the conclusion of your dive while climbing the ladder until you are back in your seat. The regulator effectively works as a mask and makes it safer for our deck hand to assist you before and after your dive.
Restrictions and regulations mandated by the state may change at any time, and we will adjust our procedures accordingly. Please be patient with JDC crew and each other, as we are all learning new safety procedures together.
Be Considerate: There are steps you can take to ensure your personal safety while also keeping those around you healthy.
- Do not dive if you do not feel well.
- If you suffer from seasickness, please reconsider your plans to dive. If you do decide to book, please take additional precautions to avoid getting ill on the boat.
What the future holds in store:
The return to normal will be in a series of steps, but when the state moves to ease restrictions, you can expect to see more spots available on each charter.