Drysuit Refresher Course
Water temperature has started to drop, which means now is the time to break out your drysuit and make sure it’s in the proper condition to keep you warm and safe. Join Jupiter Dive Center for a drysuit refresher course to ensure your skills and your suit are ready to take the plunge.
The Fun Part
You’re dry, you’re warm, and you’re diving in the winter! Being comfortable while diving is not only safer, but more enjoyable, as well.
What to Expect
This refresher course will meet for two half-days of instruction. During the first afternoon, students will learn what to look for when inspecting their drysuits and how to address minor issues including: zipper, seal, and hose inspections; and inflator and deflator considerations.
The second session will be spent at the pool. Students will review and demonstrate skills learned in their drysuit certification course. These skills include proper donning of the drysuit, a review of its functions, buoyancy and weight checks, inflating and deflating, how to roll out of an inverted position, buoyancy skills such as hovering, emergency procedures for drysuit malfunctions, ascents, safety stop procedures, and exiting.
What Do You Need?
Although the review is conducted in a pool, it is recommended that students wear their drysuits with all the gear they normally use in the ocean in order to establish accurate buoyancy and reinforce equipment familiarity.
- This refresher course is scheduled for January 21st at 2:00 p.m. for the equipment inspection. Students will meet at Jupiter Dive Center
- The second session is on February 5th at 9:00 a.m. Students will meet at Jupiter Dive Center and then drive to the pool for the in-water exercises
- Cost of this course is $199. THIS IS A REFRESHER CLASS. Divers must be drysuit certified and present their drysuit certification and scuba diving certification cards at check-in
- Need equipment? Jupiter Dive Center has Scubapro gear for rent, and specialized gear for purchase
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807
Your Next Adventure
Once you feel comfortable in your drysuit, it’s time to go diving! Check out our availability or book a dive by clicking here!
Reserve your spot in the Drysuit Refresher course now by calling (561)745-7807.