- This event has passed.
Drift Diver Specialty January 22
Drift Diver Specialty
January 22, 2023
Course fees: $309, plus online academics
The current wraps around you as you glide along the reef seeing more in a single dive than you ever imagined possible. Welcome to drift diving! Learn how to use the tides and currents to your advantage. Earn a Drift Diver Specialty certification from Jupiter Dive Center and put your new skills into action off the Jupiter Coastline!
Drift diving is often the only way to dive certain underwater sites—and that is certainly true of the wrecks and reefs off Jupiter and other parts of the Treasure Coast. But drift diving also offers a way to cover a lot of area with only a little effort. At the end of the dive, everyone surfaces, and the boat comes to them. It doesn’t get any easier than this!
What to Expect
Like any specialty diving, learning specific techniques and knowing the safety concerns will allow you to enjoy the drift diving experience to its fullest. Students will learn about tides, currents, and waves, how to use drift diving equipment such as floats and reels, the importance of buoyancy control and buddy procedures, how to navigate during drift dives, safety stop procedures, and how to safely get on and off the boat.
What Do You Need?
Since all Jupiter Dive Center charters are drift dives, each diver must have their own surface marker buoy, reel, knife, compass, dive computer, and a nitrox diver certification.
- Course fees: $309, minimum of two divers in the course, plus online academics
- For a private class, there is a fee of $100
- Prerequisite: Certified Nitrox diver, please present certification card at check-in
- This course starts with online academics.
- January 22, you will meet at Jupiter Dive Center at 11:00 a.m.
- All divers must have a surface marker buoy, reel, knife, compass, and a dive computer
- Basic gear rental with a computer is available.
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807!
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete the Drift Diver Specialty course, you may be interested in learning more about the reef and marine life you saw while diving. Consider enrolling in Jupiter Dive Center’s exclusive Sea Turtle Awareness or Goliath Grouper Specialty course.
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the ease of drift diving. Reserve your spot now by calling (561)745-7807
0 Comments for “Drift Diver Specialty January 22”