- This event has passed.
Learn To Dive Classroom Option July 10
Learn to Dive – Classroom Option $899
That first breath underwater is a thrilling experience; but even more exciting is the opportunity to visit fish in their natural environment, swim over pristine reefs, and explore mysterious wrecks. Learn to dive with Jupiter Dive Center and join the millions of divers with basic certifications. It all starts here.
The Fun Part
Whether you dive on vacation or live by the ocean, going beneath the waves opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. Experience the weightlessness of neutral buoyancy as you explore the underwater environment. The third largest barrier reef runs off Southern Florida’s coast and offers divers the opportunity to visit the only coral reef in the United States. Vibrant fish, curious turtles, and goliath groupers are all just a splash away.
What to Expect
Students have a choice between eLearning and classroom academics. If you are interested in eLearning, click here. If you’re more comfortable in a classroom setting, you’re in the right place. The course begins at Jupiter Dive Center on a Wednesday night from 6 – 9 p.m. That weekend, you will practice basic water skills such as clearing your mask and regulator recovery in a pool or other “confined water” location. The same schedule will repeat the following week, only this time, you’ll demonstrate your newfound skills in the ocean. Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll be certified as an Open Water or Junior Open Water Scuba Diver (depending on your age) . Please note: Classes range in size from 2-8 students and students must be a minimum of 12 years of age.
What Do You Need?
Divers need to have their own mask, fins, snorkel, equipment bag and a log book to track their training dives. Jupiter Dive Center will provide all other required gear. Parental consent is required for students age 12-17 years old (students under 15 years of age will be certified as a Junior Open Water diver).
- July – Wednesday, July 10 classroom session; Saturday, July 13 pool session; Sunday, July 14 bridge session; Wednesday, July 17 classroom session; Saturday, July 20 bridge session; Sunday, July 21 boat session.
- The class requires the completion of 2 academic sessions held on 2 consecutive Wednesday evenings.
- 2 consecutive weekends are scheduled for confined water (pool), and open water skill sessions.
- Students must have their own mask, fins, snorkel, equipment bag and log book. All other equipment is provided
- The basic scuba diving course costs $899.00 which includes the basic certification.
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807 or click here!
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the incredible world of diving. Reserve your spot now by calling (561)745-7807 or visit our website here!