- This event has passed.
Peak Performance Buoyancy Oct 16
Use less air, hover effortlessly, and protect the reef. How? Improve your buoyancy. Some divers just seem to glide through the water, adjusting to depth and navigating the terrain with ease. They’ve mastered their buoyancy, and so should you. Let Jupiter Dive Center show you how.
Being able to control your buoyancy will improve every aspect of your dive—from safety to enjoyment. You’ll take better photographs, move through wrecks without stirring the silt, and be able to savor longer dives. You’ll also be safeguarding the delicate corals and other reef creatures by reducing your risk of crashing into their fragile habitat. Like any skill, once mastered, buoyancy control becomes second nature. You just do it.
What to Expect
Buoyancy is affected by many factors. Students will learn how to properly estimate the weight they will need for their body size and gear, and how to distribute the weight for optimum trim. Students will also learn proper breathing techniques and how air in their lungs contributes to buoyancy. Students will demonstrate how to perform buoyancy checks, practice efficient kicking styles, and experience how depth affects their buoyancy.
What Do You Need?
All Jupiter Dive Center charters are drift dives. For this course all divers must have their own lift bag, reef, knife and computer. Enriched Air certification is recommended, but not required. Divers must possess a basic scuba certification to enroll in this specialty course. Need equipment? Jupiter Dive Center has Scubapro gear for rent, and specialized gear for purchase.
- This specialty course is available throughout the year!
- Students meet at Jupiter Dive Center at 10:30 a.m.
- Divers must present their scuba diving certification card at check-in
- All Jupiter Dive Center charters are drift dives and each diver must have their own surface marker buoy and a computer, reel, lift bag, knife All divers must have a surface marker buoy and timing device
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807 or click here!