Rescue Diver July 6
Do you know what to do in an emergency? Could you render aid to your buddy, another diver, or yourself? Learn how to recognize distressed divers, what to do to in an emergency, and how to keep yourself safe in the process. The subject matter is serious, but this is an incredibly fun course that develops important skills.
The Fun Part
Divers often say this is one of the most challenging—and fun—specialty courses. Yes, you’ll learn first aid skills, but you get to practice them in the water! Learn how to recognize possible problems before they escalate, and what to do if help is needed.
What to Expect
Students will learn how stress, physical conditioning, and equipment, can lead to diving accidents. They will learn and demonstrate lifesaving techniques including self-rescue, diver assists, surface and underwater rescues, towing methods, and boat and shore exit techniques. Students will also learn how to get help, how to report an accident, and related liability concerns. The academic portion of the course is online, and students must present proof of completion to the instructor on the first day.
What Do You Need?
To enroll in this course, divers must be 18 years old (or 15 years old with parental consent), possess an advanced diving certification, and completed a minimum of 40 logged dives. Additionally, students must have current First Aid & O2 certification. All students must have a pocket mask, lift bag, reel, knife, compass and a computer or timing device. All Jupiter Dive Center charters are drift dives and each diver must have their own surface marker buoy and a timing device.
- The course is available July 6th, but it must have at least 2 students attending the class
- Students will meet at Jupiter Dive Center
- Divers must present their advanced scuba diving certification card and proof of current First Aid & O2 certification at check-in
- Students must present the academic proof of completion on the first day
- All students must have a pocket mask, lift bag, reel, knife, compass and a computer or timing device.
- This 3 day course is $499.00 plus online academics.
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807 or click here!
- Schedule – July 6th, 12:00 p.m. pool session, July 7th, 9:00 a.m. shore session, July 13th, 8:00 a.m. 2-tank dive
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete this course, you may be interested in becoming a dive master! Join the ranks of professionals across the globe who share their passion for diving.
Don’t miss this opportunity to improve your rescue skills. Reserve your spot now by calling (561)745-7807 or visit our website here!