Rescue Diver March 4
March 4, 2023$509
March 4 and 5, 2023
Course fees: $509 plus online academics
Do you know what to do in an emergency? Could you render aid to your buddy, another diver, or yourself? Learn how to recognize distressed divers, what to do in an emergency, and how to keep yourself safe in the process. The subject matter is serious, but this is an incredibly fun course that develops important skills.
Divers often say this is one of the most challenging—and fun—specialty courses.
Students will learn how stress, physical conditioning, and equipment, can lead to diving accidents. They will learn and demonstrate lifesaving techniques including self-rescue, diver assists, surface and underwater rescues, towing methods, and boat and shore exit techniques. Students will also learn how to get help and report an accident and related liability concerns. The academic portion of the course is online, and students must present proof of completion to the instructor on the first day.
How to Plan:
To enroll in this course, divers must be 18 years old or 15 years old with parental consent, possess an advanced diving certification and have completed a minimum of 40 logged dives. Additionally, students must have current First Aid & O2 certifications. All students must have a pocket mask, lift bag, reel, knife, compass, and computer.
- Saturday, March 4 at 1:00 a.m. review and pool session. Sunday, March 5 at 7:30 a.m. at Phil Foster Park.
- Divers must present their advanced scuba diving certification card, proof of 40 logged dives, and current First Aid & O2 certification at check-in.
- First aid, O2, and Blood Borne Pathogens will be scheduled on Saturday, March 4 at 9:00 a.m.
- Students must present academic proof of completion on the first day
- All students must have a pocket mask, lift bag, reel, knife, compass, and computer.
- This 2-day course is $509 plus online academics
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807!
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete this course, you may be interested in becoming a divemaster! Join the ranks of professionals across the globe who share their passion for diving.