SDI Wreck Diver Specialty Course Sep 3
September 3 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pm$299
SDI Wreck Diver Specialty Course – September 2022
September 3, 2022
Course fees: $299, plus online academics
Wreck Diver-non penetration.
The Florida coast is rich with wrecks, warships, galleons, merchant ships and more. Some were purpose-sunk as artificial reefs, others went down in storms or battles, but they all have their own story. Join Jupiter Dive Center and learn about the fascinating wrecks just off our coast and earn your Wreck Diver certification, today!
Let’s face it—wrecks are mysterious. Whether it’s because of the historical intrigue, or for the photographic opportunities, divers are as drawn to wrecks as the marine life that call them home. They offer snapshots into different times and different ways of life. Wrecks may range from little more than a ballast pile to fully formed ships (and in some locations even planes). Exploring them safely is an experience not to be missed.
What to Expect
SDI Wreck Specialty course March 2021 is fun, but anytime a diver enters an overhead environment, additional dynamics come into play. Students will learn how to maintain buddy contact in varied situations, how to navigate a wreck by pre-planning the dive, what to do in the event of disorientation, how to utilize lines and the special equipment all wreck divers should carry, how to map a wreck, and what specific diving concerns are inherent to wreck diving. The academic portion of this course is online and must be completed prior to the dives.
What Do You Need?
All Jupiter Dive Center charters are drift dives and each diver must have their own surface marker buoy and a computer. Because of the possibility of low visibility environments and the need to set lines, a dive light, reel, and a nitrox diver certification are required.
- Course fees; $299, minimum of two divers in course, plus online academics
- For a private class there is a fee of $75
- Prerequisite: Certified Nitrox diver, Please present certification card at check in
- This course starts with online SDI academics.
- September 3, you will meet at Jupiter Dive Center at 11:00 a.m. for paperwork and academic review.
- All divers must have gear, tanks, a lift bag, reel with 150 feet of line, dive light, knife, and a computer.
- Basic gear rental with computer is available.
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807!
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete your Wreck Diver Certification course, you may be interested in obtaining your Digital Underwater Photography certification and capture a bit of your wreck-diving adventure!