Shark Awareness March 18
March 18, 2023
March 18, 2023
Course fees: $309
Sharks play a critical role in maintaining the health of marine ecosystems and although it is not uncommon to see them on dives off our coast, sadly, most shark populations have declined. Join Jupiter Dive Center and become a shark advocate. Learn how you can help—and it all starts with knowing the real story of sharks.
Sharks! Encountering these majestic creatures is often the high point of a dive. We are fortunate that many of these endangered species are still found in the waters off the Jupiter Coastline.
What to Expect
Fear of sharks is often due to a lack of education, and this course is designed to teach students about the myths and realities regarding sharks. Students will learn how to identify different species of sharks, evaluate shark behavior, and employ best practices to minimize potential hazards. This course starts in the classroom. After the presentation, students will participate in two guided dives with their instructor. Divers who complete both the classroom and dives will receive a Shark Specialty certification.
What Do You Need?
All Jupiter Dive Center charters are drift dives, and each diver must have their own surface marker buoy, a dive computer, and a nitrox diver certification.
- Course fees: $309, minimum of two divers in the course.
- For a private class, there is a fee of $100
- Prerequisite: Certified Nitrox dives, please present a certification card at check-in
- This course starts with a classroom workshop.
- March 18, you will meet at Jupiter Dive Center at 10:30 a.m.
- All divers must have a surface marker buoy and dive computer
- Basic gear rental with a computer is available.
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807!
Your Next Adventure