Shark Specialty Saturday, November 28, 2020
November 28 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm$279
Shark Specialty Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 10:00am
Sharks play a critical role in maintaining the health of marine ecosystems and although it is not uncommon to see them on dives off our coast, sadly, most shark populations have declined. Join Jupiter Dive Center and become a shark advocate. Learn how you can help—and it all starts with knowing the real story of sharks.
The Fun Part
Encountering these majestic creatures is often the highpoint of a dive. We are fortunate that many of these endangered species are still found in the waters off the Treasure Coast.
What to Expect
Fear of sharks is often due to a lack of education, and this course is designed to teach students about the myths and realities regarding sharks. Students will learn how to identify different species of sharks, evaluate shark behavior, and employ best practices to minimize potential hazards. This course starts in the classroom. After the presentation, you will break so you can grab lunch and then students will participate in two guided dives with their instructor. Divers who complete both the classroom and dives will receive a Shark Specialty certification.
What Do You Need?
All Jupiter Dive Center charters are drift dives and each diver must have their own surface marker buoy and a computer. An Enriched Air (Nitrox) certification is recommended, but not required.
- Cost of the course is $279 per student. The course is conducted with a minimum of 2 If you would like a private class, there is an additional fee of $50.
- Students meet at Jupiter Dive Center at 10:00 a.m.
- Divers must present their scuba diving certification card at check-in
- All divers must have a surface marker buoy and computer.
- This certification course includes all materials, instruction, a 2-tank charter, and certification
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807.
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete this course, you may be interested in learning more about other marine animals such as sea turtles or goliath groupers.
Become a shark advocate! Do not miss this opportunity to discover how you can help protect these amazing marine animals. Reserve your spot now by calling (561)745-7807 or visit our website here!