- This event has passed.
Solo Diver March 6th 2021.
March 6, 2021$279.00
Solo Diver March 6th 2021.
March 6th, 2021
Course fees: $279, plus online academics
Whether in search of the perfect photo, or because you don’t want to share your lobster patch with anyone else, diving solo is more common than you may think. But it’s not something to do unprepared. Join Jupiter Dive Center for this challenging course and learn how to minimize the risks of diving alone.
Imagine having the reef to yourself. Maybe you are a photographer and diving alone increases the likelihood of getting the shot you want before other divers scare the marine critters away. Perhaps you enjoy spearfishing and often find yourself solo diving while pursuing your prey. Sometimes you just need to dive, but your buddy doesn’t have the day off. Worse still is the diver whose definition of “buddy” means diving in the same ocean and promptly disappears after hitting the water. Regardless of the reason, many divers prefer to dive alone. There are risks, there are rewards, and the Solo Diver course prepares you to be a safer diver—with or without a partner.
What to Expect
This Solo Diver course is to educate divers regarding the benefits, hazards, proper procedures, and proper equipment for diving alone. That includes knowing the pros and cons of having a buddy, diving without a buddy, and the legal liability a diver assumes by diving alone. The course describes the additional equipment all self-reliant divers should carry and use, how to plan and conduct a solo dive, why navigation skills are critical for solo divers, and how to manage solo diving emergencies.
What Do You Need?
This course is for advanced divers who are at least 18 years of age (21 for SDI courses) and have proof of 100 logged dives. Due to the nature of the course, divers will need a lift bag and reel with at least 100 feet of line, a redundant gas source such as a pony bottle, a redundant regulator, a redundant depth gauge dive computer, a redundant surface signaling device, dive knife, slate and pencil. Enriched Air certification is recommended, but not required.
- Course fees: $279, minimum of two divers in course. plus, online academics
- For a private class there is a fee of $75
- Prerequisite: Certified Advanced diver with 100 Logged Dives and Nitrox diver, Please present certification card at check in
- This solo diver course is available March 6th, 2021
- Students will initially meet at the Jupiter Dive Center at 10:00 a.m.
- All students must have lift bag and reel with at least 100 feet of line, a redundant gas source such as a pony bottle, a redundant regulator, a redundant depth gauge and dive computer timer or dive computer, a redundant surface signaling device, dive knife, slate and pencil.
- Rental is available for the following: a redundant gas source such as a pony bottle, a redundant regulator, a redundant depth gauge and redundant dive computer.
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807 or click here!
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete this course you may be interested in the Digital Underwater Photography certification, or want to brush up on your hunting and collecting skills.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how to safely dive solo. Reserve your spot now by calling (561)745-7807 or visit our website here!