Night/Low Visibility Diver Course
Night diving presents divers the exciting opportunity to literally see the ocean in a different light. Many divers prefer it to diving during the day. Jupiter dive center offers a Night/Low Visibility Diver course to ensure you dive safely in low visibility environments.
The Fun Part
Night diving adds an element of mystery to a dive, a sense of adventure that is even more exciting than diving in a well-lit environment. Divers can see everything from slumbering parrotfishes in their mucus cocoons to active nocturnal octopuses and lobsters. Some of the larger marine animals frequently cruise through the water column offering the attentive diver a quick glimpse before they disappear into the darkness.
Like any specialty diving, night—or low visibility—diving presents its own challenges. The Night / Low Visibility Diver course teaches divers the procedures, techniques and potential hazards associated with diving at night or in limited visibility.
Upon completion of the instruction and the two dives, divers will earn their Night/Low Visibility Diver certification.
What to Expect
In this course, divers will learn how to safely navigate in limited visibility or at night. Topics include proper equipment, the use of dive lights, buddy procedures, effective communication techniques, what to do in the event of disorientation, buoyancy control, and how to interact with the nocturnal marine life to ensure divers have a safe and enjoyable dive.
What Do You Need?
- A primary and a backup light
- Whistle / Audible signaling device
- Surface marker signaling device
- A timing device
- A basic scuba certification
- The boat departs the Jupiter Dive Center dock at 6:00 p.m. for the 2-tank night dive
- Divers must present their scuba diving certification card at check-in
- All divers must have a primary and backup light plus an audible signaling device, surface marker signaling device, and timing device
- $199 includes instruction, two-tank boat charter, snacks, and specialty certification card.
Your Next Adventure
Once you complete this course, you may be interested in putting your new low visibility skills to use in a Wreck Diving specialty course. Click here for more information!
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the incredible world of night diving. Reserve your spot now by calling (561)745-7807 !