Learn to dive
Learn to Dive
That first breath underwater is a thrilling experience; but even more exciting is the opportunity to visit fish in their natural environment, swim over pristine reefs, and explore mysterious wrecks. Learn to dive with Jupiter Dive Center and join the millions of divers with basic certifications. It all starts here.
The Fun Part
Whether you dive on vacation or live by the ocean, going beneath her waves opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. Experience the weightlessness of neutral buoyancy as you explore the underwater environment. The third largest barrier reef runs off Southern Florida’s coast and offers divers the opportunity to visit the only coral reef in the United States. Vibrant fish, curious turtles, and goliath groupers are all just a splash away.
What to Expect
Learning to dive starts in your own home with eLearning. Once finished with the academic coursework (about 8 hours of study), students will meet with an instructor and spend 3 half-days developing their skills. Typically, students start in a pool or other “confined water” location and learn basic skills such as mask clearing and regulator recovery. From there, class moves to the ocean where students demonstrate competency with the skills they have already learned. Students will complete 4 open water dives. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be certified as an Open Water or Junior Open Water Scuba Diver depending on their age.
What Do You Need?
Students must enroll in and complete an eLearning program. Divers need to have their own mask, fins, snorkel, equipment bag and a log book to track their training dives. Jupiter Dive Center will provide all other required gear. Parental consent is required for students age 10-17 years old (students under 15 years of age will be certified as a Junior Open Water diver).
- Basic scuba diving certification is offered every two weeks
- This is an eLearning class and students must present paperwork showing completion of the learning modules
- Upon completion of the eLearning portion, students will spend 3 half-days developing their skills in confined water (pool), and open water environments
- Students must have their own mask, fins, snorkel, equipment bag and log book. All other equipment is provided
- The basic scuba diving course costs $409.00 plus e-Learning
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807 or click here!
Your Next Adventure
Build on your open water skills by taking your Advanced Open Water course. It’s the next step!
Don’t miss this opportunity to discover the incredible world of diving. Reserve your spot now by calling (561)745-7807 or visit our website here!