Sharks play a critical role in maintaining the health of marine ecosystems and although it is not uncommon to see them on dives off our coast, sadly, most shark populations have declined. Join Jupiter Dive Center and become a shark advocate. Learn how you can help—and it all starts with knowing the real story of sharks.
The Fun Part
Sharks! Encountering these majestic creatures is often the highpoint of a dive. We are fortunate that many of these endangered species are still found in the waters off the Treasure Coast.
What to Expect
Fear of sharks is often due to a lack of education, and this course is designed to teach students about the myths and realities regarding sharks. Students will learn how to identify different species of sharks, evaluate shark behavior, and employ best practices to minimize potential hazards. This course starts in the classroom. After the presentation, Jupiter Dive Center will provide lunch, and then students will participate in two guided dives with their instructor. Divers who complete both the classroom and dives will receive a Shark Awareness certification.
What Do You Need?
All Jupiter Dive Center charters are drift dives and each diver must have their own surface marker buoy and a timing device. An Enriched Air (Nitrox) certification is recommended, but not required.
- This course is available throughout the year!
- Students meet at Jupiter Dive Center at 9:00 a.m.
- Divers must present their scuba diving certification card at check-in
- All divers must have a surface marker buoy and timing device
- This certification course includes all materials, instruction, lunch, a 2-tank charter, and certification
- Book now by calling (561) 745-7807 or click here!
Your Next Adventure